Trying out safethread patch

Rhamphoryncus rhamph at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 05:14:53 EDT 2008

On Jun 8, 9:55 am, s... at pobox.com wrote:
> I'd like to take the python-safethread code out for a spin, but I'm not sure
> where to start.  I downloaded the latest diff:
>
>    http://python-safethread.googlecode.com/files/safethread-bzr-36020.diff
>
> checked out Python 3.0 from the bzr mirror, then ran patch in the typical
> way.  That doesn't apply cleanly at all (too much water under the bridge
> since this the patch was made).  I was thinking if I back up my bzr
> repository to r36020, apply the patch then sync with the latest bzr revision
> that might work, but I have no bzr experience.  I haven't any idea how to do
> that.  Any suggestions?

Yeah, the 36020 in the file name indicates the bzr revision that
matches.  Going into the branch and using "bzr pull -r 36020" should
be sufficient.

However, do *not* sync with the latest upstream version after patching
- there WILL be conflicts.  Dealing with a merge isn't congruent with
taking it for a spin. ;)