Different execution time in python code between embedded or standalone

Pau Freixes pfreixes at milnou.net
Sun Jun 8 06:07:26 EDT 2008

HI list,

I found the problem guys, when I embedded python code didn't call to
PyEval_InitThreads();
This function initialize GIL and other data structures for do a python code
thread safe. I believe the python traditional ( python name_script.py ) run
always a thread safe interpreter.

Therefore, it's normal  found best performance  in no thread safe
environment and thread safe environment.

But I have a small question, if I have a typical PyObject_CallObject
environment and main code don't call to PyEval_InitThreads() after
Py_Initialize(), if in python code function called launch some threads this
interpreter will be prepare for handle more one thread with python thread
safe environment, can everybody help me ?

Thks

--
Pau Freixes
Linux GNU/User