Making wxPython a standard module?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jun 15 18:35:02 EDT 2008

s0suk3 at gmail.com writes:

> On Jun 15, 9:37 am, Ben Finney <bignose+hates-s... at benfinney.id.au>
> wrote:
> > The Zen of Python, by Tim Peters
> > …
> > There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.
>
> I agree with that concept. But there already is more than one way to
> do it, only that the other ways are being made less accessible (by
> not being on the standard library), don't you think?

With the result that there is only one *obvious* way to do it. That's
a property worth some effort to preserve.

For some reason, people always overlook that qualification when
reading that part of the Zen.

--
 \        “A hundred times every day I remind myself that [...] I must |
  `\       exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have |