Making wxPython a standard module?

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Jun 12 13:13:17 EDT 2008

Andrea Gavana:
> Maybe. But I remember a nice quote made in the past by Roger Binns (4
> years ago):
> """
> The other thing I failed to mention is that the wxPython API isn't very
> Pythonic.  (This doesn't matter to people like me who are used to GUI
> programming - the wxPython API is very much in the normal style for GUI
> APIs.)
> """

There was a WX wrapper project named WAX (http://zephyrfalcon.org/
waxapi/wx._core.Image.html ) that was trying to create a more pythonic
API for WX that I have appreciated. But most people was not
interested, so once the original developer has lost interest, no one
else has improved the code, so the project has died...

Bye,
bearophile