Regarding coding style

rockingred willsteve2003 at yahoo.ca
Mon Mar 17 12:15:55 EDT 2008

On Mar 10, 11:30 am, "sjdevn... at yahoo.com" <sjdevn... at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Fix that.  That's usually something that's fairly easy to get done as
> a programmer (I've had to do it at 2 of the last 4 places I worked).
> Just go explain all the problems that can happen by not having VC and
> all the benefits it brings to your managers, and that there's a good
> free VC system that will work for everyone, and it'll likely become a
> mandate pretty quickly.
>
> It's almost certainly worth fixing that problem rather than mucking
> around with half-solutions.

Unfortunately, no free VC system existed for the language in which I
was programming, and our budget (managers) wouldn't permit the
purchase of one easily.  These people insisted that every change that
affected more than 1 user go through a committee that met once a
week.  The amount of verbiage required just to submit a proposal to
the committee (whom you never got to see in person), was ridiculous in
the extreme.