GUI toolkits with Tkinter's .pack() alternative

Alex9968 noname9968 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 05:23:16 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I use Tkinter's Pack widget geometry manager (I really prefer it over
using visual GUI designers), so my question is which other GUI toolkits
have similar functionality.

Secondly, I like the detailed widget borders configuration possible in
Tkinter, which can be used to tweak GUI look, and wonder if other
toolkits support it. With Tkinter's case, I like the resulting (tweaked)
look in Windows, but I'm afraid it can be quite different (and ugly) on
other platforms.

(The reason I ever consider moving from Tkinter is some inconveniences,
involving for example window scrolling, plus its smaller amount of
widgets compared to some other toolkits, plus its (rumored) ugly look on
certain environments. I will not necessary change the toolkit, but I
have to consider it)

Could anyone with experience in different toolkits help, please

Thanks