wxPython/wxWidgets ok for production use ? (was Re: Quality assurance in Python projects containing C modules)

NoelByron at gmx.net NoelByron at gmx.net
Tue Mar 11 04:45:24 EDT 2008

Hi Malcom

On Mar 10, 4:27 pm, "Malcolm Greene" <pyt... at bdurham.com> wrote:
> I'm new to Python and getting ready to build a small client based
> application intended to run on Windows and Linux. I was planning on
> using wxPython until I saw your comment above.

We use wxPython and Python internally in the company without any mayor
problems or crashes. It seems quite solid. But errors happen in
complex systems. And if for example a crash occurs it would be good to
know the reason and to track it down. And that is hard in Python with
C extensions. That does not only apply to wxPython but to all other
(GUI) libraries with C parts, too. At least we will not switch to
something else then wxPython.

Best regards,
Noel