unable to install gdal

luis solisgb at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 11:37:07 EDT 2008

Hi

On Windows xp sp2 and python 2.4

Yesterday I running old versions of gdal, and I try to upgrade

I download gdalwin32exe150.zip and gdal-python-13.win32-py2.4.exe
I unzip gdalwin32exe150.zip in C:\gdalwin32-1.5

I follow install's instructions from http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GdalOgrInPython,
all is ok, I set path and path_data variables with correct values, but
whe I run a script, an error raises

from osgeo import ogr
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\osgeo\ogr.py", line 7, in ?
    import _ogr
ImportError: DLL load failed: process not found

Also I try with instructions from
http://www.urbansim.org/opus/stable-releases/opus-2006-11-21/docs/gdalinstall.html
I move _gdal.pyd (and the others *.pyd) from my Python installation's
(C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\osgeo) into my Python installation's
DLLs folder (C:\Python24\DLLs).
When I run the script the error message persists.

Some help is welcome.