Spaces in path name

David S davids at evertech.com.au
Fri Mar 14 00:37:12 EDT 2008

Hi,

I get

ERROR: ""C:\Program Files\apache-ant-1.7.0\bin\ant"" does not exist

If I cut the path statement here and paste it next to a windows XP command
prompt ant is invoked.

The python code here is
    if not os.path.isfile(ANT_CMD):
        error('"%s" does not exist' % ANT_CMD)

David

"Mensanator" <mensanator at aol.com> wrote in message
news:360a8612-f5a2-4f2f-bae2-c89ed35b7d1b at n77g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
On Mar 13, 5:16 pm, "David S" <dav... at evertech.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some code in which I have to change some path names to get it to
> work. The original code seems to have assumed that path names would not
> have
> any embedded spaces.
>
> I am not sure how to write the following line so when used in my script
> the
> path will be found.
>
> ANT_CMD = r'C:\Program Files\apache-ant-1.7.0\bin\ant'

Try ANT_CMD  = r'"C:\Program Files\apache-ant-1.7.0\bin\ant"'