Problem with PARAGRAPH SEPARATOR

Dominique.Holzwarth at ch.delarue.com Dominique.Holzwarth at ch.delarue.com
Thu Mar 20 16:39:50 CET 2008

Actually that's what I tried to do, for example:
outputString = myString.encode('iso-8859-1','ignore')

However, I always get such messages (the character, that's causing problems varies, but its always higher than 127 ofc...)

'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 51: ordinal not in range(128)

It doesn't matter what encoding I use (tried 'utf-8' 'utf-16' 'latin_1' and the iso one). The debugger is showing all the special characters (from french and german language) so I'm wondering why there's still the message about the 'ascii' codec...

Would that mean that the string "myString" is an ascii-string or what?