stdout custom

castironpi at gmail.com castironpi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 18:43:15 EDT 2008

On Mar 17, 8:16 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
wrote:
> En Sun, 16 Mar 2008 22:27:28 -0200, <castiro... at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> > Specifically, before the prompts.  Where does the prompt write come
> > from; why doesn't it honor my settings of sys.stdout and sys.stderr?
>
> The interactive interpreter uses directly the C predefined streams stdout
> and stderr.

Can I allocate a second console window, so I can place certain output
to that directly, and leave the original streams alone?  I tried some
things in subprocess (Py 3a3 /WinXP) but they failed.  I don't know if
it's supposed to be possible though, so I didn't press very hard or
keep the code.  If it is, I can go repro where it went south.  Is it?