Do any of you recommend Python as a first programming language?

Arnaud Delobelle arnodel at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 23 04:31:51 EDT 2008

On Mar 23, 8:14 am, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 23:15:00 -0700, John Nagle wrote:
> > That's some professor inventing his very own variation on predicate
> > calculus and writing a book using his own notation and terminology.
> > There's no sign of footnotes or references to prior work.  The notation
> > doesn't seem to do anything not previously possible; it's just
> > different.
>
> You say that as if it were unusual in maths circles :)

Haha.  As opposed to programmers who have all agreed to use the same
language.

Anyway, I have browsed the book and agree with Paul Rubin that there
doesn't seem to be any unusual notation in it, although there are a
numbers of topics that I am not really familiar with.

--
Arnaud