How about adding rational fraction to Python?

Arnaud Delobelle arnodel at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 1 03:07:59 EST 2008

On Mar 1, 5:49 am, "Terry Reedy" <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:
> "Arnaud Delobelle" <arno... at googlemail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:ea3aecb0-c946-46be-bcd5-0c7584751e4b at b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
> | Perhaps it'll be like when I quit smoking six years ago.  I didn't
> | enjoy it although I knew it was good for me... And now I don't regret
> | it even though I still have the occasional craving.
>
> In following the development of Py3, there have been a few decisions that I
> wish had gone otherwise.  But I agree with more than the majority and am
> not going to deprive myself of what I expect to be an improved experience
> without giving Py3 a fair trial.

I realise that my comment can be easily misunderstood!  I wasn't
implying that I would be quitting python, rather that I would have to
adjust (with some discomfort) to a new division paradigm.

I know from experience that I end up as a staunch defender of most of
the design decisions in Python, particularly those that I disagreed
with at the start!

--
Arnaud