Build complete, now I just need to "install" it...

axl andreas.axelsson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 11:15:10 EDT 2008

On 31 Mar, 00:32, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> En Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:04:10 -0300, axl <andreas.axels... at gmail.com>
> escribió:
>
> Which changes are those? I can build Python straight from the svn sources.

I upgraded the project files to VS2008 format, changed some obsolete
settings, hacked distutils so it wouldn't barf on the Windows SDK 6.1
and added include paths to tcltk to the python.vsprops.
I did similar changes to all the external modules, tcl, tk, bzip2,
etc.

This was on the 2.5.2 tarball b.t.w. I suppose I could grab the svn
tip, if things have changed there, but I thought I'd start at an
official "release" point.

> The MSI package generation is at Tools\msi in the source tree.
> There are a few preliminary steps that must be done (only once) before
> successfully building the installer, you'll notice as you go (the script
> will tell you what's missing; a .rc file has to be compiled, as far as I
> remember). Would be nice if you take note of them so one can write down
> the proper build sequence.

Thanks Gabriel, for some reason I just assumed everything PC related
was in the PC* folders and the docs I found don't mention the msi
folder. I'll have a look there.

Cheers,
/axl