Serial port error statistics - any comparable data?

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Sun Mar 30 06:19:58 EDT 2008

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:

> if you have the chance, try & attach a machine with legacy rs232
> port, and see if the errors still remain.

Additionally, what kind of buffers does your device have? I'm using
pyserial to control a very "sensitive" device with nuttily
implemented buffering strategy. It has a "fast" and a "slow" buffer
which are filled in order, and no signalling to the outside sender
on how full they are. If the fast buffer fills the slow buffer
kicks in and requires less transmission rate. That may be how
characters could be lost with you.

Regards,

Björn

--