Removal of tkinter from python 3.0? [was: Fate of the repr module in Py3.0]

dave_mikesell at fastmail.fm dave_mikesell at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 20 21:23:51 EDT 2008

On Mar 20, 2:39 am, "Daniel Fetchinson" <fetchin... at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Is it just me or others also think that it would be a major loss to
> remove tkinter from the python core? PEP 3108 starts off with:

I really like Python since I started using it a couple years ago, but
this is a huge turnoff and the kind of thing that keeps me using C++.
Stability is important.   And I don't have any real code base.  Can't
imagine those that have made a big investment in Python being all too
happy about the rug being pulled out from under them.