DISLIN Manual

adolfo aguirre.adolfo at gmail.com
Tue May 6 17:58:18 EDT 2008

I am at the very beginning of the DISLIN 9.3 Manual:   1.4 Quickplots

Some quickplots are added to the DISLIN module which are collections
of DISLIN routines for displaying data with one command. For example,
the function ’plot’ displays two-dimensional curves. Example:
from Numeric import *
from dislin import *
x = arange (100, typecode=Float32)
plot (x, sin (x/5))
disfin ()

Problems:

1. "from Numeric import * "  statement produced an error message, I
had to replace it with "from numpy import *"

2. The "from dislin import *" statement produced an error message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in <module>
    from dislin import *
ImportError: No module named dislin

I checked the environmental variables paths and they are according to
instructions. What else to do?

Any help will be much appreciated

Adolfo