where do I begin with web programming in python?

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu May 1 17:45:01 EDT 2008

jmDesktop schrieb:
> I have been to the main python site, but am still confused.  I have
> been using .net, so it may be obvious how to do this to everyone
> else.  I am aware there are various frameworks (Django, Pylons, etc.),
> but I would like to know how to create web pages without these.  If I
> have mod_python or fastcgi on apache, where do I start?  I don't have
> clue where to begin to create a web page from scratch in python.  I am
> sure I will want to access database, etc., all the "normal" stuff, I
> just want to do it myself as opposed to the frameworks, for learning.

I highly recommend WSGI instead of mod_python or (fast)cgi. I've heard
only bad things about mod_python over the past years and CGI is totally
old school.

Check out Python Paste, CherryPy and Django. You can also try the Zope,
Zope3 and Plone world but Zope is usually for larger and complex
applications.

Most frameworks come with their own little web server for development, too.

Christian