Optional parameter object re-used when instantiating multiple objects

Aaron Brady castironpi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 04:49:32 EST 2008

On Nov 20, 11:26 pm, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 21, 10:07 am, Aaron Brady <castiro... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why, I would expect the interpreter to define the functions when it
> > first hits the def, that is, at the point of definition.
>
> Then why are you arguing that the parameters should be re-defined at
> the point of calling?

Hmm.  You have conflated defining the function with defining the
parameters.

My argument is that the syntax doesn't obviously imply either
interpretation.

I advocate a 'nonstatic' decorator.  Also, I don't think a 'static'
decorator, had Python taken the other interpretation, would have been
that bad a combination.