Creating classes and objects more than once?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Nov 28 04:15:06 EST 2008

Carl Banks <pavlovevidence at gmail.com> writes:

> I like to think that "import abc" always does the same thing
> regardless of any seemingly unrelated state changes of my program,
> especially since, as the OP pointed out, import is used as a means
> to ensure singleness. Thus, if I were designing the language, I
> would have sys.path[0] be the current working directory at program
> start.

This is resolved in the Python 2.x series by implementing PEP 328
<URL:http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0328/>, such that the search
path for ‘import’ does *not* contain the current directory, and
requiring relative-to-the-current-directory imports to be explicitly
requested.

--
 \        “If you go parachuting, and your parachute doesn't open, and |
  `\        you friends are all watching you fall, I think a funny gag |