Error loading modules

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Wed Nov 5 15:53:11 EST 2008

On Nov 6, 3:21 am, BL <bll... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 4, 7:11 pm, John Machin <sjmac... at lexicon.net> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 5, 9:18 am, BL <bll... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I am very new to python.  I am installing it as part of a bazzar
> > > version control installation.
> > > I have installed the Crypto, paramiko and cElementTree modules.  I am
> > > running Solaris10x86.
> > > When testing the modules I get the following results.
>
> > >  python -c "import Crypto"
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> > > ImportError: No module named Crypto
>
> > What is "the Crypto module"? What is the path to the directory in
> > which you installed it? Do you mean one of crypto [case matters],
> > pycrypto, pyCrypto, M2Crypto, ...?
>
> pyCrypto is the module I installed.

or pycrypto??? What URL did you download it from?

>  The directory it is installed in
> is
> /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages  - there is one directory
> called
> Crytpo and two other files called  pycrytpo-2.0.1-py2.5.egg-info and
> pycrytpo-2.0.1-py2.5-solaris-2.10-i86pc.egg.

There are *THREE* apparent typos there ("...rytpo" instead of
"...rypto"). Do please check what you type. Did you by any chance
type
   python -c "import Crytpo"
originally? Were your "following results" obtained by copy/paste or by
typing it all in yourself?

What is in the .../site-packages/Crypto directory?