Emacs vs. Eclipse vs. Vim

Peter Anderson peter.anderson at internode.on.net
Sun Nov 30 22:42:57 EST 2008

What I have done is skipped the whole Vim/Emacs obscure editor thing and
opted for PyScripter (see
http://mmm-experts.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=4 ). It might not be as
complete/complex as these other editors but it is easy to use and just
lets me get on with the task of cutting code.

As a fall-back I also use EditPlus (see
http://www.editplus.com/index.html ). Its only for Windows and its
shareware so you need to pay for it. Its clip library makes it a VERY
GOOD text editor. It's a real shame there are NO text editors with such
a comprehensive and easy to modify clip library function (I would be
really pleased to be proven wrong on this last point :-) ).

However, the best advice I think that can be given about editors is keep
trying them until you find the one YOU like. We all like different
things, especially when it comes to editors.

Regards,
Peter
--
*Peter Anderson*
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to