best python unit testing framwork

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Nov 11 18:53:05 EST 2008

Brendan Miller <catphive at catphive.net> writes:

> What would heavy python unit testers say is the best framework?
>
> I've seen a few mentions that maybe the built in unittest framework
> isn't that great.

That's right, there are many flaws in ‘unittest’. It nevertheless has
the overwhelming advantage of being present in any standard Python
installation.

Using ‘nose’ at least builds upon the standard library ‘unittest’
module, so can easily integrate existing unit tests. It can also be
used as a unit test discovery and runner framework, which doesn't
impact the usefulness of the tests themselves on machines that don't
have ‘nose’ installed.

--
 \    “Holy contributing to the delinquency of minors, Batman!” —Robin |
Ben Finney