Need help converting text to csv format

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Nov 22 10:25:52 EST 2008

John Machin wrote:
> On Nov 22, 11:04 am, r0g <aioe.... at technicalbloke.com> wrote:
[...]>> If you can't muster even that level of enthusiasm or courtesy
towards
>> the noobs then you always have the option of not responding.
>
> Your "if X then Y" logic is somewhat cockeyed -- Y is true independent
> of X. Looking just at X: read some of my posts. You may find some with
> a reasonable level of enthusiam and courtesy, especially where the
> enquirer appears to have helped themselves to a reasonable extent
> first and/or are having ESL difficulties and/or have not had a
> response after 12 hours or more ...

John, you are an industrious and courteous helper on this list, no doubt
about it. I didn't mean to start a long debate about all this, I merely
wanted to point out that since noobs *will* often post without trying to
solve their own problem it's best to just ignore them if you don't feel
like answering.

If nobody takes pity on the questioner it will eventually be obvious
that some further access to one's own resources is necessary.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119