Workflow engine?

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 09:16:14 EST 2008

2008/11/10 Grzegorz Staniak <gstaniak at wp.pl>:
> On 09.11.2008, Tino Wildenhain <tino at wildenhain.de> wroted:
>
>> The common denonimator of a workflow (state engine) is so simple, the
>> only complexity comes from the environment it needs to drive.
>>
>> So in short: I doubt there is a general solution to the problem.
>
> Well, from the little research I did it seems some people try anyway.
> I doubt they are all just trendy buzzwords lovers.

I really don't know what a workflow engine is, but I kind of doubt that :)

"implements your critical intellectual property management processes
in an automated and easy to use manner"
"Implement multiple roles-base workflow processes in one application"
"Provide multiple endpoints representing the types of multi-faceted
decision making typical of intellectual property management"
-- InnovationQ

"The workflow engine kernel supports configurable LRU caching of
active workflow objects for high load scenarios."
"standard implementation completely based on WfMC specifications using
XPDL (without any proprietary extensions !)"
-- Java XPDL

"what makes Dalma interesting is that it's using continuation, and
thereby eliminate event-driven style programming (and associated state
persistence.)"
-- Dalma

"The Avantage BPMN process model definition is automatically executed"
"Meets all the construct requirements of the demanding workflow market"
-- Advantage

"fuses integrated asset management, workflow automation, and security
control into a single system to deliver a business-wide solution for
post production and broadcast customers of any size"
-- Avid Interplay

"hurry.workflow is a simple workflow system. It can be used to
implement stateful multi-version workflows for Zope 3 applications."

No wonder they are almost all written in Java.

--
mvh Björn

--
mvh Björn