HELP!...Google SketchUp needs a Python API

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Nov 27 20:40:38 EST 2008

r wrote:
> On Nov 27, 6:15 pm, Terry Reedy <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:
>> r wrote:
>>> Hello fellow Python Advocates!
>>> Help me promote Python to a larger audience.
>>> An introduction to SketchUp:
>>> ====================
>> There is no need to puff up Python or put down Ruby to this audience.
>> Given how much Google uses Python as a core language, I am a bit shocked
>> that they would release a program with Ruby and not Python bindings
>> also.  Must be an isolated dev group.
> thanks Terry,
> If you read the complete post though

I did

> you will see that i am not trying to dog Ruby,

You fooled me.  But rather than discuss what you did write, here is what
I think you should have written that would be more effective.

Google has released a program SketchUp in both free and pro editions.
It does ... and I think it is great.  It nicely complements Blender, for
instance.  see
sketchup.google.com <you forget to give url>

For me, however, it has one problem; the only scripting language now is
Ruby and I would far prefer to sript it in Python.  Are there any Python
and Sketchup user who agree and who would help me persuade the sketchup
developers to add Python?  Does anyone have any persuasive arguments to
suggest?