Setting up Python on a network of machines

John [H2O] washakie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 05:32:18 EDT 2008

I have set up the Python computing environment on a machine within a network
to include the following Python modules:
1) Scipy
2) Numpy
3) Matplotlib v.98 or greater
4) Matplotlib toolkit Basemap v.99 or greater
5) Scientific

These are standard module products available via sourceforge.net or links
directly from python.org

I would like that this implementation of python be set up on all our
machines in a network. Is there a way to do this without installing all the
python modules individually on each machine? I have heard the problem will
be that things will compile differently - for example some machines are 64
bit. Could I at least create a network instance of python for the 32 bit
machines? They are mostly the same Fedora Core [5-8].

How does one create a 'common' instance of python for a network of machines?

Thanks.