Idenfity numbers in variables

Alfons Nonell-Canals alfons.nonell at upf.edu
Mon Oct 20 07:16:48 EDT 2008

Hello,
I have a trouble and I don't know how to solve it. I am working with
molecules and each molecule has a number of atoms. I obtain each atom
spliting the molecule.

Ok. It is fine and I have no problem with it.

The problem is when I have to work with these atoms. These atoms usually
are only a letter but, sometimes it can also contain one o more numbers.
If they contein a number I have to manipulate them separately.

If the number was allways the same I know how to identify them, for
example, 1:

atom = 'C1'

if '1' in atom:
	print 'kk'

But, how can I do to identify in '1' all possibilities from 1-9, I
tried:

Any comments, please?

Regards,

Alfons.