Accessing the message of Outlook inbox

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at
Wed Oct 8 17:53:38 CEST 2008

On Oct 8, 9:24 am, venutaurus... at wrote:
> Hi all,
>         How can I access the body of a mail in Outlook Inbox? I tried
> various options like message.Body or message.Mesg etc. but didn't
> work. I could get the subject of the mail using message.Subject
> though.
> Any help is appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,
> Venu

Can you connect via POP3? If so, the email module should be able to
get it. Otherwise, you'll probably have to use the PyWin32 package's
win32com module.

Google is your friend. The following links should give you a general
idea of how to access Outlook with Python:,guid,dcd1d9cd-eb1b-4590-a14b-1480bdf1db69.aspx