question about the textwrap module

TP Tribulations at Paralleles.invalid
Mon Oct 27 18:50:08 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,

Recently, I have tried to improve the look of the printed text in command
line. For this, I was compelled to remove redundant spaces in strings,
because in my scripts, often the strings are spreading on several lines.

For example, "aaa   bbb" had to be transformed in "aaa bbb".
I have coded some simple functions to do that.

Today, by examining Python documentation, I have found an interesting
module:

http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/lib/module-textwrap.html

But, I haven't found any way to do my redundant space deletion with this
module? Am I right?

Thanks

Julien

--
python -c "print ''.join([chr(154 - ord(c)) for c in '*9(9&(18%.9&1+,\'Z
(55l4('])"

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is
possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is
impossible, he is very probably wrong." (first law of AC Clarke)