dictionary

Fri Oct 24 09:17:45 EDT 2008

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:04:32 +0000, Duncan Booth wrote:

> asit <lipun4u at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  ["%s="%s" % (k,v) for k,v in d.items()]
>
> The first " opens a string, the second " terminates it, the third "
> opens it again, and you don't have a fourth " in your line to close it.
>
> Try using an editor which supports syntax colouring (even Idle does
> this) and the problem will be instantly apparent.

Or just read the exception, which explained exactly what's wrong:

"EOL while scanning single-quoted string"

What are programmers coming to these days? When I was their age, we were
expected to *read* the error messages our compilers gave us, not turn to
the Interwebs for help as soon there was the tiniest problem.

--
Steven
who is having a "you damn kids get off my lawn" moment...