How to uninstall/update modules at at
Fri Oct 10 23:56:53 CEST 2008

Dear All,

It seems I don't understand how Python packages are handled. Here's my
specific problem

* I'm on Win32
* I've installed Enthought Python 2.5 because it got all the numerical
stuff included
* Later I tried to install Twisted 8.1

Twisted ended up in

But there's an older Twisted included in the Enthought distribution.
It is at

Now, the strange thing (for the uninitiated, like me) is:

When doing a "import twisted" I get to older version in directory
Twisted-, not the newer version in directory

(A) What magic is going on in redirecting the import?
(B) How can I switch to use the newer version?