"Music Theory Programming" Google Group

Chuck Cronan ccronan at mixcom.com
Thu Oct 23 02:14:15 EDT 2008

Outstretched (Omar?)

Today I answered a query you presented two years ago about programming music
at VBAX, "Using Arrays and Indexes To Manipulate Variables ( A Music Project
)".

I don't know if you solved it but I realized that the notes and MIDI codes
actually follow a base 12 (duodecimal) system.  My response is at:

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10065

A little confusing (I confused myself) and tried to clear it with a reply to
my own note.  Using base 12 makes it easy to add key numbers and change the
music key.  Sorry it was two years too late, but I just joined VBAX today (I
hope someone will answer my question but it seems no one is interested).

I am not a musician (but I have a piano I want to sell).

Chuck

Charles L. Cronan, PhD

4239 N. Larkin St

Shorewood,  WI  53211-1558