Problem with py2exe

Srinivasa NL nl.srinivas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 06:54:14 EDT 2008

Hi,
  I am having problem with running exe generated using py2exe.  I wrote a
simple script test.py which prints a line (e.g print 'Hello World') and
generated an exe using py2exe. I used the command python setup.py py2exe.
When I run the exe test.exe in the dist directory I get the error message

LoadLibrary(pythondll) failedInvalid access to memory location
E:\programming\python\dist\PYTHON25.DLL

When I just start the IDE and load the same library using
win32api.LoadLibrary("python25.dll") it seems to load correctly.
I tried it with both python 2.4 and python 2.5.2 on an machine running
window XP but I get the same error message.
I would be very grateful if somebody helps since my work depends
significantly on python tools.
Kind Regards,
Srinivas.