Is there a time limit for replies?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Oct 31 08:16:05 EDT 2008

On 31 Okt, 10:38, Rafe <rafesa... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to post some follow-ups to some issues I posted in the hopes
> of helping others, but I only get "reply to author" and "forward", but
> no "reply" option (using GoogleGroups). Is there some kind of time
> limit to reply?

Probably not for any of the newsgroups or mailing lists accessed via
Google Groups. The behaviour you're seeing could be temporary - Google
Groups isn't always particularly reliable - or it might be the case
that the sender is one of those people who has requested that their
messages not be archived, perhaps interpreted by Google Groups in the
way you describe, but I'm just speculating at this point.

Paul