How to send Data Transfer Objects across the network?

Daniel daniel.watrous at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:45:12 EDT 2008

Hello,

I've been building a system that has need to send object data across
the network.  The approach I've taken has been to build Data Transfer
Objects, which just contain the attributes of the objects, and to
pickle them and send them over a socket connection.

As I get deeper this is a bit problematic, and so I was wondering if
there is a package or framework that is already designed to do this?

Again, all I need to do is serialize an object, send it somewhere
where it is deserialized and processed after which a response object
is serialized and sent back to the client to complete the transaction.

Thanks in advance...

Daniel