lint for Python?

Pat Pat at tanker.net
Fri Oct 3 17:38:13 EDT 2008

I've been searching for a good multi-module lint checker for Python and
I haven't found one yet.

Pylint does a decent job at checking for errors only within a single module.

Here's one of my problems.  I have two modules.

In module one, I have a function:

def foo( host, userid, password ):
     pass

In module two, I call that function:

foo( userid, password)

lint doesn't find that error and it won't be caught until it's called
while the program is running.  I don't want that error found at 3AM.

I've never used a language that didn't catch that type of error.  I'm
quite surprised that Python is being used by a number of major
companies.  How you catch these types of errors?

I've spoken to tech support at Wing and they weren't aware of a
multi-module lint but they're considering putting their own lint into
their IDE.

Thank you