Loosely-coupled development environment

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Oct 15 20:24:02 EDT 2008

Joe Strout <joe at strout.net> writes:

> You've never used BBEdit? (Perhaps because of the platform you use
> -- that's a Mac-only text editor, but it meets your criteria nicely.
> The free version "TextWrangler" does a pretty darn good job too,
> though of course has some limitations.)

Not because of the platform; the reason I won't use those is that
neither of those programs are free software, they're proprietary. I
consider a flexible work environment far too valuable an investment to
be beholden to the whims of a particular vendor.

--
 \     “If I had known what it would be like to have it all... I might |
  `\     have been willing to settle for less.” —Jane Wagner, via Lily |