Ordering python sets

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 18:39:42 EDT 2008

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 18:20:46 -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:

> Lie Ryan wrote:
>

>> <anotherrandommusing>
>> Since python is dynamic language, I think it should be possible to do
>> something like this:
>>
>> a = list([1, 2, 3, 4, 5], implementation = 'linkedlist')
>
> For this to work, the abstract list would have to know about all
> implementations of the abstraction.

# Sorry the last message is truncated because of an "accident"

/the exact syntax isn't really important/
/abstract type and implementation separation is the important point/

Actually, if I want to force it, that syntax could work using the same
magic used by event-based systems: registration. Although I agree it
might be a bit cumbersome to do registration for something like this, but
as I've said before, exact syntax is not really important.