How to open a shell prompt from an existing shell prompt

Tino Wildenhain tino at
Fri Oct 31 10:42:40 CET 2008

gaurav kashyap wrote:
> Dear Tino,
> There is no subprocess module in python 2.3.5.
> My goal is:
> 1.Open a terminal window and login as root.
> 2.Issue some command in the terminal window that will open another
> terminal,similar to the one    already opened.

> Am i clear now.

Not at all. All you told us so far has not the faintest
relation to python in any way. I'd suggest reading a
book on unix, command line, x windows system etc.
And better yet, do this before becoming root next