Emacs users: feedback on diffs between python-mode.el and python.el?

Paul Rubin http
Tue Oct 14 17:58:12 EDT 2008

skip at pobox.com writes:
> If you're an Emacs user who has used both python-mode.el (the python mode
> code distributed with Python and XEmacs) and python.el (the python mode code
> distributed with GNU Emacs), I'd like to get your impressions on how they
> compare and where you feel the bugs lie.

I'm not sure which is which--there is one that I'm used to from older
systems, and one on newer systems (Ubuntu Hardy) that gratutiously
broke features that I'm used to.  I haven't gotten around to
investigating but will try to do so.  Main thing I know is that C-c !
used to make a new Python subwindow and now it doesn't, which is bad.