IDE Question

Propad npropadovic at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 17 05:23:49 EDT 2008

> On Oct 15, 2:19 pm, "Steve Phillips" <steve... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> > I am just wondering what seems to be the most popular IDE.

Hello,
I also purhcased my copy of Wing IDE six months ago, after having used
Idle, Scite and Leo quite extensively. I gave PyDev two tries, one in
the begining of 2006 and another spring this year. Although PyDev
looked promissing and the main annoyances from the first try (like an
intelisense that needed half a minute) had been solved, I was still
missing some things, like a realy good integration of the python shell
into it.
Wing convinced me pretty fast. It is just specialized to Python, one
can see they have been around in the Python community for a while. I
find the context-based intellisense they do quite usefull, and just
started appreciating the information about functions and methods at
the cursor that they offer.
Yeah, I find they are serious. I had tried Wing maybe 3 or 4 years
ago, at that time it looked just so ugly I didn't want to consider it
any further. But that has also changed. Now it looks OK.
So, yes, I can recommend Wing IDE. It is a good tool for a Python
professional.
Regads,
Propad
P.S. In fact, yesterday I found one first bug in Wing IDE. I hope the
support is as good as they say - I'll give you a note on this thread.