PyGUI as a standard GUI API for Python?

lkcl luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 14 06:46:40 EDT 2008

On Oct 13, 9:59 pm, Orestis Markou <ores... at orestis.gr> wrote:
> Just want to say, thank you for a very enlightening writeup. You
> should really post this somewhere that we can link to.

 orestis, thank you for the encouragement.  i did post it on my diary:
http://advogato.org/person/lkcl/diary/523.html - i decided against
doing a full-blown article because i've been doing quite a _lot_ of
writing on advogato :) but i'm reconsidering.  will post here if i do.

 i note with interest your comments here:

http://orestis.gr/blog/2008/09/19/random-gui-toolkits-web-and-python/

whilst pyjamas and pyjamas-desktop are definitely cross-browser, cross-
desktop, cross-platform and can even be made to be cross-widget-set,
there isn't anything to substitute for _design_ ethos on a per-
platform basis.  by that i mean, expectations of there being a "File"
menu on which the word "Quit" will occur, or, as you point out, mac-
user expectations of application behaviour.

l.