Kicking off a python script using Windows Scheduled Task

korean_dave davidreynon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 10:36:28 EDT 2008

Does anyone know how to properly kick off a script using Windows
Scheduled Task? The script calls other python modules within itself.
HERE'S THE CATCH:
I am used to running the script directly from the command window and
the print() is very handy for us to debug and monitor. When running
the task from Windows Scheduled Task, we'd like to be able to view the
command window and keep it up after the Task has completed...

I used the commands

CMD /K

cd C:\testdirectory\script_RunTests

python AutomatedTestRun.py

but when AutomatedTestRun.py calls other python modules, we don't see
output.