OOP books?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Wed Oct 15 14:02:11 EDT 2008

Hi, all.  Over the years, I've programmed in a fair number of languages;
the ones with which I became most familiar were assembler, BASIC,
Pascal, and "lately" (the last fifteen years or so) Perl.  Now I'm
trying my hand at Python.  While I don't have any problems with the ins
and outs of the language (at least thus-far), I'm afraid I'm taking the
wrong approach.  The common thread in all the languages I "speak" is
that they're all procedural languages, and I'm treating Python the same.
   [Okay: Perl does have OOP, but it's retrofitted and ugly.]  Is there
an intro-to-Python book where the emphasis isn't so much on the
language, but on OOP, itself?  Or, failing that, at least a Python book
which doesn't just introduce the language, but gives equal billing to
OOP practices, etc.

Thanks much!

-Ken