Debugging suggestions, efficiency - handling modules

John [H2O] washakie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 12:18:10 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am writing some scripts that run a few calculations using scipy and plot
the results with matplotlib (i.e. pylab). What I have found, however, is
that the bulk of the time it takes to run the script is simply in loading
modules. Granted, I am currently using:
from pylab import *

However, changing this to the specific classes/functions doesn't make a
significant difference in the execution time.

Is there a way to have the modules stay loaded? But rerun the script? One
solution I can think of is to set break points, and design my scripts more
as 'functions', then just run them from the command line.

Any advice is appreciated!
-john