why this server can not run in python30

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Oct 22 02:56:10 EDT 2008

En Wed, 22 Oct 2008 03:45:31 -0200, davy zhang <davyzhang at gmail.com>
escribió:

> import asyncore, asynchat
> import os, socket, string
>
> PORT = 8000
>
> class HTTPChannel(asynchat.async_chat):
>
>     def __init__(self, server, sock, addr):
>         asynchat.async_chat.__init__(self, sock)
>         self.set_terminator("\r\n")
self.set_terminator(b"\r\n")

>         self.request = None
>         self.data = ""
          self.data = b""

Same for all remaining string literals, should be bytes instead.

>             self.request = string.split(self.data, None, 2)

The string module functions are deprecated ages ago in favor of the
corresponding string (instance) methods:

              self.request = self.data.split(None, 2)

That's enough - the example worked fine for me after doing these changes.

--
Gabriel Genellina