PyGUI as a standard GUI API for Python?

lkcl luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 14 09:26:18 EDT 2008

>  if there's a way to enforce the displaying of text - for the _text_
> to say "i need to be a total area of X in order to display my words.
> if you make my width too small, i will _force_ my height to be larger
> as i wrap the text".
>
> just like an HTML <p> </p> does.

 ... of course, i'm well aware of the reasons _why_ this isn't
supported - in either of Qt4 or Gtk2.  it's because automatic-
resizing, and correct  (i.e. exact) size-hinting, is a complete lairy
nightmare to implement.  browsers get it right, because they have to,
and the trade-off is a rather awkward judder-judder-displaying of
content (which, for example, gives the use of HTML tables such a bad
name).

all of which of course makes the desktop-app developers' job just that
little bit more awkward...