Porting VB apps to Python for Window / Linux use

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Fri Oct 24 12:37:35 EDT 2008

On Oct 18, 2008, at 8:12 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I often see mention of SMBs that either want to upgrade their Windows
> installations, or move to Linux, but cannot because of inhouse VB
> apps. Are there any Python experts who I can reference them to for
> porting? I have nothing on hand at the moment, but I see this as a
> need without an obvious answer.

	Sorry for the delay in responding, but someone just pointed out this
post to me.

	You might want to take a look at Dabo, which is an integrated desktop
application framework for Python (disclosure: I'm one of the authors).
It allows you to visually create UIs that run unmodified on Windows,
Linux and OS X.

	You can learn about it at http://dabodev.com

-- Ed Leafe