Suggestion for the PythonDevelopment for next version

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Oct 13 12:15:28 EDT 2008

azrael wrote:

> I know that. enumerate is a great function. But this way it always
> adds some complexity. I think that it is more better to give a man a
> better tool then to let him play with a not so good one. People like
> Python because of his simplicity in comparison with c++. Maybe People
> would like him even more it would be a bit more simple but the same
> powerfull.

But the added complexity of your approach of setting an attribute at runtime
that can

 - add arbitrary costs (who knows that setting the attribute might not
invoke a RPC-call?) for *every* enumeration of a list

 - conflict with multithreaded access or even only cartesian products of the
same list of objects, rendering it simply useless

is *less* hassle than putting a simple enumerate in place, just when needed?

You sure have an interesting view of complexity. Not exactly text-book-based
though.

Diez